Hershey Public Schools is in the process of finalizing our Return to School Plan.
Our plan is being developed around these core beliefs!
- We believe in doing all we can to provide a high-quality educational experience to all students regardless of the circumstances.
- We believe it is a top priority to do all we can to keep our students and staff safe.
- We believe that schools, by following all of the guidelines and strategies below, are safe learning and working environments.
- We believe that being proactive in planning and preparation is critical in order to effectively respond to challenging situations.
- We believe that it is important to share with our Hershey staff, parents, students, and community stakeholders the “why” behind our thought processes and decisions.
- We believe that “being in school” is the best place for students to receive an education, interact socially with peers, and to be enriched by a positive and consistent routine.
- Our ability to re-open and keep our schools open will be a shared responsibility that depends on all of our students, their families, and our staff. This has to be a community-wide effort.
School will begin for our students on August 17th!
More will be shared in the coming days!