Elementary Career Day
This spring elementary students at Hershey Public Schools have been preparing for their future by exploring careers and the Nebraska Career Education Model during elementary classroom guidance lessons. Students have learned about career and college readiness skills, learned about the importance of job shadowing, explored the Nebraska Career Connections website, looked at their interests and talents, and explored other avenues of career education depending on their grade level. This career exploration concluded with an Elementary Career Day that was held on Tuesday, May 12th.
The following speakers were invited to spend the day at school and share information about their careers with the elementary students:
- Certified Athletic Trainer & Clinical Exercise Specialist - Doug Long PhD
- Dietician Great Plains Health - Celie Vaughn
- US Airways Pilot - Chris Hoelscher
- Dusty Trails LLC - Dusty Barner
- Florist "Party Girl Creations" - Linda Drews
- Nebraska State Patrol K-9 Officer - Sergeant Gordon Downing
- University of Nebraska Extension Entomologist - Dave Boxler
The presenters had 30 minute sessions with the students. They discussed the importance of education and skills such as math, reading and writing in their professions. Presenters did an excellent job sharing interesting information about their careers with the students.
A special thanks goes out to our Elementary Career Day speakers for volunteering their time to share their careers with our students!